Beware of Dirty Kitchen Sponges

More sickening than your toilet seat or garbage can, your kitchen sponge can be a host to many germs. An international study found that 77% of kitchen sponges had a form of bacteria, while 86% contained yeast and mold. When a wet sponge sits sink-side, new bacteria grow every twenty minutes!*

To properly disinfect your sponge, immerse it in a bowl of boiling water, and then place the wet sponge in the microwave for two minutes. You can disinfect your sponge this way every two days, and if it ever starts to smell just toss it out!

Express your love today!

Dr. Kim

*http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ways-to-a-safe-kitchen/
Photo | Plain blue and pink polyurethane kitchen sponges | Horia Varlan | Used under a Creative Commons Attribution License

[fbcomments]

Call Us Text Us
Skip to content