Dangerous Dental Amalgams

Most of us have encountered the controversial silver filling, or amalgam, in a visit to the dentist. These fillings have been controversial for years because, though they are durable and cheap, they are made with 50 percent mercury! Mercury itself is a very dangerous metal and is more toxic than lead or arsenic. Studies have shown that throughout the lifetime of the filling, mercury vapor will constantly be absorbed in your body through wear and tear of the filling. Mercury absorption has also been linked to the depletion of the immune system as well as causing a 50 percent reduction in kidney filtration.[1]

Dental amalgams are still in use today! Be careful and advise your dentist against using silver fillings.

Express your love today!

Dr. Kim

Photo | Teeth 2 | by Jo Bourne on Flickr | Used under a Creative Commons Attribution License


Call Us Text Us
Skip to content